K.A.R. 16-11-7. Signs (a) Each sign posted pursuant to K.S.A. 75-7c10, and amendments thereto, shall contain the graphic in the document titled "personal and family protection act: required signage for K.A.R. 16-11-7," dated October 19, 2006, and hereby adopted by reference.
(b) The size of the sign shall be eight inches by eight inches or larger. If the sign is eight inches by eight inches by eight inches, the size of teh graphic adopted by reference in subsection (a) shall be six inches in diameter. If the sign is larger than eight by eight inches, the size of the graphic shall be proportional to the size of the sign.
(c) Each sign shall meet all of the following reqirements:
(1) The background shall be white.
(2) The portion of the graphic depicting the handgun shall be black.
(3) The portion of the graphic depicting the circle and diagonal slash across the handgun shall be red.
(4) No text shall be placed within the one-inch area surrounding the graphic.
(d) Each sign shall be displayed according to the following requirements:
(1) The sign shall be posted at the eye level of an adult. "At the eye level of an adult" shall mean that the entire sign is between four feet and six feet from the ground.
(2) The sign shall be posted not more than 12 inches to the right or left of all exterior public and nonpublic entrances to the building.
(3) The sign shall be visible from the exterior of the building.
(4) The sign shall not be obstructed by sliding doorways, displays, or other postings.
(e) Each sign that becomes illegible shall be replaced immediately.
(Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 75-7c10, as amended by L. 2010. Ch. 140. Section 9; effective Nov. 27, 2006; amended P-_______________.)