- Public Libraries in The Kansas Public Library Handbook by Roy Bird, State Library of Kansas, 1998.
- Do library laws K.S.A. 12-1218 through 12-1235, written in 1951, apply to libraries established before that time? Attorney General Opinion 92-5
- Can regional libraries lease their library building? Attorney General Opinion 78-285
- Is a regional library a "political subdivision" for purposes of having an employee benefits contribution fund created for it pursuant to K.S.A. 12-16,102? Attorney General opinion 98-39
- When a library system board or regional library elects to exempt the district from the tax lid law, then publishes as directed by statute, what number of signatures would be required to validate a petition against the exemption action? Where should a protest petition be filed? Do county boundaries within a library district effect the number of petition signatures necessary? Attorney General Opinion 89-129
- Can the board of a regional library system extending over two or more counties use the county home rule law to alter statute requirements on their library? Attorney General Opinion 77-132
(NOTE: The tax lid laws, K.S.A. 79-5021 to 79-5036, inclusive, discussed in the above opinion were repealed July 1, 1999. Nevertheless, this opinion may remain useful for its explanation of applying home rule laws to regional libraries and regional library systems.)